Sunday, February 21, 2010

Northside Sweetheart Banquet part 1

Saturday was a very busy day for us. We had a sweet heart banquet...an amazing sweet heart banquet if I may say so myself. Two sweet ladies and myself were in charge of decorating. I don't have any before and after pictures but we did an amazing job. Our decorations were complete with hand made place cards (my favorite).




Our Youth was responsible for the whole meal. They prepared salad, lasagna, whole wheat spaghetti with meat balls, garlic bread, strawberry jello, and strawberry shortcake. They also were coordinated, all wearing black (wonder whose idea that was!) After the meal was prepared, the youth were divided up into five teams. Three serving teams, one "management" team, and "the most important team". The tables were numbered and assigned so there was as little confusion as possible.

Most everyone arrived promptly at 5:00 p.m. Everyone found their seats (no one switched(amazing)) and our "servers" greeted them with friendly smiles and menus. Yep, we thought of it all! Our youth did an awesome job! They were very friendly and accurate. I was busy during our "dinner rush" so I did not get too many photographs of our youth serving, but here are a few of the ones I got.


Busy~Busy~Busy~

See little d here in this pic? I'm pretty sure she is helping someone finish their meal (oops)


This game was fun. Everyone brought wedding/dating pictures of themselves and we were to "guess who"



We also shaved...kind of


And obviously, some were a little better than others...



Okay, that's all for part 1, I'm starting to get dirty looks for being on the computer for so long ;) I'll blog more about our super fun time tomorrow!!! Hope everyone has a blessed night!

1 comment: