Sunday, March 21, 2010

You've got a friend in me

We celebrated the birthdays of our two youngest d's yesterday. I must say, It was a huge success!!! The first place I went to when I started planning this party was Target.com (of course) I searched their site and budgeted and planned and coordinated, and made a huge list of things to buy for the party. I made a special two hour trip to the Fort Smith Target with my list in hand only to find nothing related to Toy Story or Buzz Lightyear. I later found out that they were "holding" all Toy Story related party merchandise until March 23. Three days after my scheduled birthday party! Needless to say, I was a little bit upset...er, alot upset! I came home and searched online at party stores everywhere only to end up with the same answer...blah, blah, blah...March 23! I considered changing their party theme to something different, but seriously, what are you gonna do for a 2 year old girl and a 6 year old little boy? So I stuck with it. I hunted. I googled. I scraped and mother-in-lawed...and whimmed it. And I'll say it again, It was a huge success!!!



I ordered Toy Story figurines from the Disney Store. Yeah, I know, Toy Story toys everywhere! But no party stuff! I baked and decorated their cakes my self. I got army men from wal-mart and put them around the cakes. We bought Toy Story buckets and used them to tie balloons on for center pieces. They turned out really pretty. We made green punch and blue koolaid and put them on a purple table cloth. It was very buzz lightyear. The sandwiches were star shaped to resemble Woody's sheriff badge. And everything else was color coordinated. My wonderful mother in law found Toy Story balloons and a buzz lightyear pinata!



We did gift tables in green and purple. I used middle d's buzz light year pics for his gift table center piece. I wish I had thought to use the pics of little d dressed as woody for her center piece. Oh well, life happily goes on.



Steven played lots of fun games with the kiddos that came. I think the pinata was every ones favorite! Seriously? Who doesn't like beating things with bats every once in a while? Especially when, the harder you hit, the more the candy flows!



Thanks to everyone who came out and joined us in this marvelous celebration. Little d would like to especially thank everyone for buying her EVERYTHING that walmart carries that is Toy Story related. This was a blast and we are soooo excited about next year!!!

2 comments:

  1. Way to save the day Mom!!! :) That is annoying that everyone was holding those decorations.

    ReplyDelete