Tuesday, August 31, 2010

here and there and everywhere


The title says it all!

That's where we have been the past week or so!  I'm pretty sure I'm exhausted!

The weekend before last we took our last youth group trip to Magic Springs.  It was kind of a bitter sweet type of thing.  I was happy that Steven wouldn't be busing teenagers two hours away from home and stressing over keeping tabs on everyone and their where abouts, but at the same time, I was kind of sad that we wouldn't be busing loud singing teenagers two hours away from home anymore.  I was kind of sad that I wouldn't be sitting in the front seat right beside him passing out bread, chips, cheese, meat, pies, and fetching specific drinks from the cooler. I kind of liked being his "teenager feeding sidekick"!   Like I said, bittersweet.


Big D has been diligently practicing all of her cheers and dances.  She's definitely not insecure about cheering anymore.  She is happiest in "cheerleader mode".  And she has made lots of new friends in the process of this "cheer" thing.  I think we made the right decision when it came to Big D and cheering.  She had her first game Saturday.  She was amazing!...and oh so beautiful!  I regret bawling my eyes out and not taking as many pictures as I should have.  Life goes on though.






Middle D lost another tooth last night!  That's two in a month!   We/he lost his first tooth and I found it last night.  I put it in an envelop and addressed it to the tooth fairy and called him to come and put it under his pillow.   He asked me to check on his other loose teeth (he has THREE more!!) and when I did, it practically fell into my hands!  We put both of them under his pillow last night...and five whole dollars later Middle D is a happy little man : )   Toothless man that is!

Little D finger painted for the first time today!  I'm pretty sure she will be happy to use a brush next time.  She was utterly disgusted with the paint on her fingers and demanded I get her a "big towel"!  She was also really upset when she got it on her apron.  I'm guessing she thought it was some kind of disease and it was just spreading everywhere! lol!  Crazy kid!  She cracks me up!









Big D also participated in her first parade today.  I've figured it out.  Our little town celebrates everything.  She rode in the "fair parade".  Again, I didn't snap many pictures because I tend to cry alot when I'm proud of my babies and it's hard to focus.  Middle D and little d had the most wonderful time trying to beat up other kids for the broken,  shattered suckers and hard candy that they throw out at parades.  Why hard candy anyway?  Wouldn't you want to throw candy that kids actually want to eat?!...Just sayin!








Happy Tuesday Everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment