Thursday, February 17, 2011

Sweetheart banquet

Sunday, we held our annual sweetheart banquet for our church.  Hehe...It feels good to say that {annual}.  We were much more prepared this year than last.  We also had twice the "staff"! So, that helped alot!  Last year was just a lousy ole' rough draft compared to this year.  This year was smooth sailing!  I'm exaggerating the smooth sailing thing, because last year was so chaotic that I almost opted out on helping to plan and decorate this year.


We had red velvet cupcakes with home made Paula Dean cream cheese frosting for dessert.  The icing was divine...I didn't eat a cupcake though.  I have this theory about myself.  I am capable of making "pretty" food.  Not necessarily "good" food.

We had our guests wait to be seated instead of seating their selves this time.  It think it was the key to "less chaotic" this year.  Orders for food were coming in a few at a time instead of all at once.

Here is the only picture I got of the decorated fellowship hall.  I'm really sad about it though, It's blurry and too dark : (

Steven and I got a chance to hop in on the fun and games this year.  We played the truly wed game, which was a blast!...We didn't win...but we didn't come in last either!

We also played "pick your husband's nose".  If there was a winner (which there wasn't) then I'm pretty sure I would be it.  I "picked lots of husband's noses" lol!


The kids also had fun games to play!  They played...well, I don't know what this is called, but you have to find all six, buried in whip cream, conversation hearts using only your mouth!  Good times I tell you!  Good times!




This banquet was soooo much fun!  I can't wait to do this again next year!

Oh, I almost forgot.  Here's the brand new reigning 2011 King and Queen "Truly wed"! 

Happy Thursday Everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment