Friday, June 10, 2011

Stream of consciousness

My mind is at about a billion places right now.  So many things to do, so much time to do it in! (not really)

The older D's are out of school for the summer!  Summer memories are officially in the making.  That makes me smile and almost giggle to myself.  I heart summer!   Like, in an obnoxious and ecstatic kind of way.  Summer seems to be the most memorable season of my childhood, so I strive to make them great and memorable for my babes as well.


..................................................................................................................

I heart weed eaters and lawn mowers!  They make me feel powerful and destructive, which may or may not be a bad thing.  However, I do think they would work great for anger management classes...just sayin'.  I have been mowing the grass like crazy the past month or so.  No, I'm not angry.  It takes me almost two hours to mow our entire yard.  I come in all sticky, sweaty, and stinky.  It's the best cardio ever!  And I'm quite obsessive compulsive about it, making sure the lines are straight and I cut every single blade of grass in our yard.  It gives me time to myself and I have nothing else to do but think and daydream.  Yes.  I'm pretty sure I like yard work. ( :

I'll spare you a picture of me all red faced, sticky, and sweaty. 

You're welcome!...

I will share my rockin' sunburn from all my hard work : /  Not my best work, I know.  *sigh*  I hate when that happens!  Yes, hubby is wearing a sling.  Yes, I beat on him.  Yes, mowing the lawn is court ordered....Yes, I'm just kidding.  That would be funny though.


..................................................................................................................

Pray for our church family.  One of our two elders stepped down Sunday.  We have to have more than one elder to have an "eldership".....So for now, we're sheep without shepherds.  That makes me extremely sad.

................................................................................................................

We got a letter in the mail from the school saying that Middle d was waaay behind in all subjects and that if he didn't attend summer school, they would be forced to retain him in the first grade.  We also got his report card in the same week.  He has straight A's!?! 

Dear little primary school, Um, which one is it?!  Is he passing or failing?!   I debated summer school for a while and was dead set on him going...and then changed my mind.  Pardon my french but, Screw them!  They had him for nine a whole months.  The next three hot, sticky, vacation-y  months are mine!  I will "home summer school" him and meet with his principal before he starts second grade and ask him what's up.....Well, that's my "right now plan" anyway.  I change my mind all of the time.  So, you never know.


............................................................................................................

Big D declared that she would NOT be cheering this fall.  She would like to play football instead.  She said cheering was boring and that she would much rather have people cheering for her instead of cheering for them.  Is she selfish?!  Can you imagine her in one of those uniforms with the whole shoulder pad, helmet, jersey, mouth piece, get up?!  How am I supposed to girl-ify something like that?!  I'm hoping she changes her mind before the fall, if not, we'll be cheering her on from the stadium  come September.  I love her, but I think she's just a little bit crazy.


.....................................................................................................(I'm switching subjects again)

The D's had their semi-annual dentist appointment last week. 

HA!  I said "semi-annual" like I've actually taken them to the dentist on schedule like I should.  They actually haven't been in two years!  Yikes.....Whatever, I got them there....finally.  Any way, the girlie D's are cavity free!  Yay!  The boy?  Oh, he only needs three fillings and four extractions.  Surprised?  Don't be.  He has always been the junk food junkie and the lazy one that has to be threatened before he picks up his tooth brush.  The good news is that the cavities are small and the extractions are necessary because his permanent teeth need room to make their grand entrance.  Poor little guy.  His mouth is already currently missing three teeth.  He's never going to talk Sunshine into being his girlfriend at the rate he's going!



Please excuse my *sometimes* grainy, noisy, over exposed, under exposed, blurry, blow out pictures.  I am learning to use the manual settings on my camera, so, well, I'm learning.  I have mastered the boekah for the most part! Go me!  LOL!

Happy Friday, Everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment