Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Summer lovin' had me a blast

Kids, can we talk about this summer?  I'm exhausted and finally figured out why.


We kicked our summer off with a wedding in Texas.  Hottest day ever!  Also, a very beautiful one.


Just a couple of days after the wedding, we headed out for a Bruno Mars concert, which was awesome!!



We packed it up and road tripped it to New Orleans almost immediately after Bruno Mars.  We mush have walked a million miles while we played tourists in that beautiful city!  We had beignets for the first time and we rode a river boat for the first time.  So much fun!  I think mine and Dom's favorite part was the nachos they served while we were cruising the river.  Ha!  We managed to leave an entire bag of laundry in our hotel room and sadly, it magically disappeared and is just gone.  So, the Bruno Mars outfits and my Bruno Mars t-shirt and lots of other favorites are just gone.  Forever.



When we got home from New Orleans, we packed y'all (Devan and Dominick) up for your first week of summer camp!  Y'all had a blast, but your sisters missed you terribly.  Dani went into tornado mode and Diamond pulled her hair out.  Trying to entertain an 11 month old is obviously stressful.






Diamond, we went to the discovery museum.  You loved it!  Dani tolerated it, because she loves you. ;)



Devan, you and Daddy shared a first.  Y'all ran a 5k.  You came in third in your age division, cuz you're awesome like that!  I am so proud of you!!!



Diamond and Dominick, you two had a first, as well.  Y'all were on the news!



Look at you, girl!  You're famous!  Only little blond haired, corn rowed Diamonds get to give the weather forecast in a bathing suit!





In Mid-July, we packed up and headed to Orlando, where we met up with Uncle Joey, Jill, Tristen and S.  We stayed at the Blue Green Fountains Resort for four days.  We had so much fun there!  That place was awesome-complete with three pools and kids activities!  I think every one's favorite was the under ground pool!




Diamond, we went on a special date to Disney World.  I had so much fun with you!  You we're so perfect and adorable!  In this photo, you're showing Tinker Bell your shiny Jessie penny that you made earlier that day.  You said that your favorite part was playing on the playground while waiting to ride Dumbo and splashing in the rain with S.  Your least favorite part was the Lilo and Stitch ride.  It was uncomfortable and spooky.  At  the end of the day, you got to pick out a souvenir.  You choose a baby Pegasus.  You have lugged that thing everywhere!



While Diamond and I were at Disney World, Uncle Joey put his brave pants on and took the rest of you to Gatorland.  From the stories I've heard, y'all had a really good time!  Each of you brought home a gator tooth.  Yuck!


After we left the Fountains, we headed to Vero Beach.  The first thing we did was go and see if we could find the manatees.  We found them, but Dani was unimpressed and left.

Dani, I love your curls!  Have I ever told you that?!  Ha!



After the manatees came an impromptu visit to the beach!  Best.Day.Ever.



We spent a few more days in Vero before heading to Georgia.  We tried for a beachy photo shoot, but that didn't go as planned, so we ditched the idea of it, changed into our swim suits and went swimming instead. (:



Dani, you turned one while we were in Vero Beach.  That occasion naturally called for cake...on the beach.
You totally demolished your cupcake and afterwords added a little sand.  I guess you're like your Grandma.  You have to have salty after sweet!



The waves were killer on your birthday.  No, really, I think they were trying to off your siblings.  Funny thing is that it was their favorite day.  A bunch of Nuts, they are, Dani.  A bunch of nuts, indeed!





Also, Devan, you grew a beard and turned into Poseidon.  Weird.




I made the executive decision that we couldn't leave Vero Beach until we watched the sun rise over the ocean.  Just the five of us.  You know, if we had  a bucket list, it would definitely be on it.  So, consider it checked!  The sunrise was magnificent.

Devan, we had a full blown teenage spat, there.  I think you were tired and sleepy...but you didn't choose very wise words and there were some consequences that left you a snotty mess. When you're all grown up and you read this, lets talk about it. (:



After trucking it straight to Georgia, we settled at your grandparent's house for the week.  While visiting with them, we drove to one of my childhood swim spots and hung out.  It was only like 74 degrees that day.  We froze, which is a weird thing to say about July.

Dominick, you were such a good kid on this whole trip!  I am uber proud of you and all of the progress that you've made.  You're wonderful, social and comedic personality is just flourishing!  I thoroughly enjoyed listening to you leading singing at Daddy's home church.  You're such a blessing!  I love you, my bonus boy!!



While we were in the area, we hiked to the waterfalls. I took yall's picture in front of the falls.  I have so many pictures/memories of my own childhood there.  It is only fitting. (:



We got to spend the day with Uncle Anthony, while we were in Georgia.  We went swimming on the Toccoa River- another place I swam when I was little.  It was so nice visiting with him.  We went to his house after words and he fixed us dinner.  I never imagined my little brother cooking in the kitchen!  HA!








We spent our last weekend of vacation in North Carolina with LaLa.  She spoiled you girls with moccasins and Dom with a sling shot.  We spent plenty of time in the water there, too!





Our last weekend flew by far too quickly.  We were sad to leave but happy to be going home!  Since coming home, we have stayed put.  I don't think we have anymore trips planned for the summer.  This summer has been a blast!  An exhausting blast!  I love each of you, dearly!  I can't wait to see what next summer holds!

Adventure is out there!!!...It will just have to wait until I've slept.  A lot.

XOXOX, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment